Dear Students and Parents,
Welcome to the internet home of Hefner Middle School. Within this site we hope to provide access to important information, calendar of events, athletic schedules and an insight into our incredible faculty and staff.
Here at Hefner Middle School, we have over 1000 students and they are served by over 80 educators that are dedicated to their success. The faculty and staff work closely together and make collaboration an essential piece of daily practice. We strive to engage students in relationship building, which allows us to get to know each other and make decisions that provide students with the best opportunities for success.
I highly encourage students to get involved in the many opportunities that Hefner has to offer. This is a great way to get to know others as well as gain many valuable experiences.
We are proud of the rich history of our school and look forward to what the future has to offer. Again, welcome to the Home of the R.E.A.L. Vikings!
Mark D. Lebsack
Tuesday, May 22, Francis Tuttle Reno Campus
Read the latest Viking Corner.
Kieran Walsh is the Hefner Teacher of the Year. Learn more…
It’s Flu season in Oklahoma and here are some important tips to staying healthy:
– Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before you eat, after you use the restroom and frequently thorough out the day.
– Cough or sneeze into your elbow. When you use a tissue, be sure it goes in the trash.
– Don’t share drinking or eating utensils. Avoid close contact with anyone who is ill.
– Wipe off frequently touched surfaces (like phones, doorknobs, countertops) with disinfectant wipes.
– Drink plenty of water and get at least 8 hours of sleep at night.
To prevent spread of illness: Stay home from school if you have a fever, vomiting, diarrhea or strong cough. Other symptoms of the flu are chills, headache and body ache. Call your doctor if you are experiencing any of these things. You should not return to school until you are free of fever for 24 hours without taking any Tylenol or Ibuprofen
Charlotte Burton, RN