Things You Should Know
Breakfast and Lunch
Breakfast and Lunch are FREE for all students enrolled at Apollo.
Breakfast – 7:30-8:25 a.m.
Lunch – 10:50-11:20 – Kindergarten
11:00-11:30 – Pre-K
11:20-11:50 – 1st Grade
11:40-12:10 – 2nd Grade
12:10-12:40 – 3rd Grade
12:30-1:00 – 4th Grade
1:00-1:30 – 5th Grade
Kindergarten-Grade 5 – 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Pre-K – 8:30 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
Morning Drop-off Instructions
Students may enter the building at 7:30 a.m. using the front entrance.
Please enter the parking lot at the Northeast entrance and exit through the Southeast entrance. Traffic through the parking lot is one way. Please drive slowly and watch for children. Students will enter through the front doors on the East side of the building.
The red zone in front of the building is a fire zone. You may pull up and drop off your student(s) in the fire zone, but please do not park there. Parking in a fire zone may result in a ticket from the Bethany Police. When unloading students from cars, please be respectful of the busses. If you are waiting with your student(s) until the doors open, please park in a legal parking space.
Please help by doing your part to help keep our kids safe.
Breakfast is served in the cafeteria from 7:30-8:25 a.m. After eating breakfast or arriving and choosing not to eat breakfast, students will go to the playground on good weather days and to the gym on inside days. Students will be dismissed to their classroom teacher at 8:20 a.m.
Eagle Eye Assemblies
Eagle Eye is our weekly assembly and takes place every Friday at 8:30 a.m. in the gym. Each classroom has been assigned a date to showcase their class by sharing something they’ve recently learned through a video or live performance.
Car Riders will load on the North side of the building. The line should begin on Eastbound 19th Street. Enter the parking lot from the Northwest entrance. The line will branch into two lines as you make your way to the loading area. Follow the line until you reach the loading area in front of the cafeteria windows. Follow the cones to the exit.
Please follow the following safety guidelines:
· Students will be brought to your car by a teacher. Do not leave your car unattended to walk your child to your car.
· Please do not drive around other cars to pick up your child.
· Students will wait in the cafeteria until they are called by the teachers on duty to be loaded into cars. Teachers will be checking to ensure that the appropriate person is picking up each child.
· Please help keep the line moving. If you must park to do school business during pick-up time, please do so in the designated parking spaces on the East side of the school.
· Students who are car riders must be picked up from the car line. Please do not wait in the lobby or the parking lot to meet your student(s). If your child is a car rider, then they will be dismissed to the car rider loading area. This is a safety issue.
· Do not park in the fire lanes in front of the building. Violators could be ticketed by Bethany Police.
Walkers will be dismissed at 3:45 p.m. and will exit the North entrance of the building. Students will use the crosswalk in the parking lot to walk to the intersection of 19th Street and Peniel Avenue.
For safety reasons, walkers may not be picked up in the parking lot. Illegal parking could result in a ticket.
Daycare riders will load from the playground blacktop. Daycare vehicles should enter the playground from 19th Street. Teachers will load students into daycare vehicles.
Thursday Folders are teacher/parent communication folders that go home with students each Thursday. Your child’s folder will contain school work and other information from the school or teacher. Parents are welcome to use this folder to communicate with your child’s teacher.
Specials classes for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades include Computer Lab, Art, Music and Physical Education. Specials for 3rd-5th grades include STEM, Art, Music and Physical Education. Students attend these classes daily on a rotating basis.